Friday, December 4, 2009

Purchase ASUS Eee PC Seashell 1005HA-PU17-BU 10.1-Inch Blue Netbook - 10.5 Hours of Battery Life (Windows 7 Starter)


First, I acknowledge that I actually own the ASUS Eee PC 1005HA-PU17-BK with Windows 7 Starter; This is not the model that includes Win XP, which has different hardware specs.

After over a week of owning and actively using the 1005-PU17-BK, I wish to share the following points:

- Reading the reviews of the 1005HA Win XP model, I was hesitant to purchase any Eee netbook model, fearing issues with the power adapter. Upon vigorous daily use, I have had no issues with the power adapter at all.

- The keyboard layout is comfortable and the keys are a manageable size, with the exception of the UP/Down arrow keys. I like to scroll through web pages using the arrow keys; both keys are small for my average sized fingers.

- The netbook's performance is more than adequate for my needs, which includes word processing, web surfing, email, and watching video files. Note that if you are considering this model to watch high def video (1080p), this is not for you. Refer to an ION based netbook, like the HP Mini 311 or the Eee PC 1201N.

- Compared to the advertised battery life of 10.5 hours, my battery usage ranged at approximately 8 hours, using a "balanced" power scheme.

I am satisfied with the purchase of the 1005HA-PU17. Before making my decision on this model, I was considering the HP Mini 311. Although the Mini 311 featured the ION based video hardware, the Eee PC model included a 802.11n wireless NIC. Since my needs weighed more towards productivity than entertainment, I went for the extra wireless throughput.Get more detail about ASUS Eee PC Seashell 1005HA-PU17-BU 10.1-Inch Blue Netbook - 10.5 Hours of Battery Life (Windows 7 Starter).

adsense
 
 
Copyright © blog
Blogger Theme by Blogger Designed and Optimized by Tipseo