Saturday, December 5, 2009

Shop For Acer AOD250-1584 10.1-Inch Blue Netbook - Up to 9 Hours of Battery Life (Windows 7 Starter)


This is the first netbook I have acquired. Purchased it on Amazon and was extremely pleased with the price and super fast free shipping. I have two othe Acer pc s but this was the first one where I ran into a problem, which was my own fault. At startup with Windows 7 starter, you are asked to type in a password of your choice. Since the keyboard is very small, I must have typed the wrong keys and since the box displays only dots and no characters I could not confirm that I entered the desired password. After completing setup I restarted the computer and Windows would not accept the password I thought I had typed.

I decided to call for help, but to my surprise I could not find a help desk phone number in any of the documentation that came with the netbook. Went to the Acer website and still could not find a number. Did a google search and found a number which was a foreign call center with a service rep who had an Asian accent and spoke English very fast. Had to ask her to slow down several times.

Since I had a "password problem" she stated I would have to send the pc to Acer service at a cost of $99.00!!!!!! Explained that this was unacceptable and I expected Acer to honor their warranty and provide better service. She finally explained how I could get to the restore window from startup by holding the alt key and tapping F 10. Netbooks have no disc drives or recovery discs. I did a complete restore which took over an hour and started all over again, this time using one finger to type my desired password. Success!!!!

The netbook is now working fine and I love it! Since Acer support was soooo lousy I can only give the product three stars. But for more computer savy folks, it's a great buy.Get more detail about Acer AOD250-1584 10.1-Inch Blue Netbook - Up to 9 Hours of Battery Life (Windows 7 Starter).

adsense
 
 
Copyright © blog
Blogger Theme by Blogger Designed and Optimized by Tipseo