Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Acer Aspire One AOD150-1920 10.1-Inch Ruby Red Netbook - 6.5 Hour Battery Life Immediately


This toy is getting glowing reviews from most people posting on Amazon. I suspect most are actually genuine and not a sales pitch. I buy from AMAZON every week, but have only posted back once when I got ripped off on a toothbrush. I am doing this now as I figure I can post here, then put it up on my Blog at "YardCrap". You can find it if you google.

I am a poor guy with way too much tied up in computer junk. I really had no legitimate reason to buy this. I have been looking at netbooks for months as they are interesting. I really like the MSI WIND, especially because it has a wonderful web forum that just makes one want to get involved.

Acer came out with this bigger screen and I bought it, even though I might like the smaller one better.

Like any computer, you have to be willing to play with it for a time to get the best out of it. Most people will not understand that. They just use their computer believing it to be as good as it can be.

If you do that with this ACER, you will be happy. If you adjust it some, you will be amazed.

I have 3 excellent desktops scattered around my place and a laptop that cost a lot. Compared to them, this ACER is junk. Comparing this to those just makes me an idiot.

Like I said, I had no legitimate excuse to buy this, but I am glad I did!

I have 80 gigs of music on it now. No ipod sounds as good as this ACER on head phones or hooked into my boat or deck speakers. No music player has a screen like this or supports WINAMP. It is bigger than an ipod type player, but the rare times I need to walk down the street with music in my pocket -> I can revert to those. I always hook players to powered speakers on my boat, car, deck and dock as I put a premium on good sound. For that you need a good player going through the best system you can assemble.

GPS works on this better than my car unit. I guess the computing power puts most GPS units to shame. It is incredible on my fishing boat.

If you kinda understand what this is, and kinda have a use for it, this is a great toy !! I am impressed, and will not give it back.

Here are some tips and observations.
I had good quality memory on hand and upgraded to 2gig. I doubt you need that if you keep XP Home on it. Still, memory is cheap, so why not? Windows 7 will be out soon, but it might cost more than this computer. XP Home is very capable. I have a LINUX dual boot on because it is free and fun, but unless you are already into that, this ACER would be a poor place to learn.

I think one guy put up an issue with the touch pad and everyone thinks it is cool to add to that. I suspect these are people who have little experience with touch pads. This one is OK. It is not like my $2000 laptop, but not that different. The best feature of touch pads is the tap. Just tap it. TAP IT !! It works great. I stuck in that tiny dongle with the logiteck mouse, and I like that as it fits really close.

Like any laptop, if you hook it into your large monitor and plug in a mouse, you can set it up with less pain, just up the monitor resolution.
I have not tried the wireless, but some others say it is good. For less money, I ran cable through the floor and up into places where I might want to hook in, like out here on the deck where I am now.
I suspect some incredible net books are just months off. Still, I don't see anyway you could wrong with this one if you actually do want a tiny computer that refuses to act tiny, and looks great.
Get more detail about Acer Aspire One AOD150-1920 10.1-Inch Ruby Red Netbook - 6.5 Hour Battery Life.

adsense
 
 
Copyright © blog
Blogger Theme by Blogger Designed and Optimized by Tipseo