Friday, October 2, 2009

Toshiba Mini NB205-N210 10.1-Inch Black Netbook - 9 Hour Battery Life This instant


I was unable to connect to the internet because the internet cable jack on the 1st computer I received was defective. Amazon rushed me I no-hassle replacement, received today, and it works fine.

This Windows XP mini is way more user friendly than my $3,000 dual-core piece of frustrating VISTA trash.

I also bot the 2 gig memory upgrade. I shut down, removed the one screw and opened the small bottom panel. The 1 Gig card easily popped out and the 2 Gig in. Computer immediately registered 2 Gig memory.

I also ordered a USB DVD player and immediately downloaded VLC because the windows media player failed to play my movie (about as useful as VISTA). VLC played it perfectly.

I uninstalled Norton (it immediately makes it's annoying presence known). I installed my anti-virus software. Then downloaded Malwarebytes Antimalware. It immediately found and destroyed 7 viruses.

It takes a Norton-Removal-Tool (probably available on google search) to pry all the Norton pieces off (or they conflict with other virus programs, allowing the bad stuff on).

I downloaded Open Office for the first time rather than try to hassle getting my old Word for Windows installed and then have it not handle all the new DOCX and other new Microtrash file formats. I WAS UP AND RUNNING WITH OPEN OFFICE IN MINUTES. IT READS IN ALL MY OLD DOC, EXE, AND POWERPOINT FILES AND SEEMS TO HANDLE THE NEW FORMATS, TOO. I think I'm done with Microsoft Word. And as soon as Google gets the new Chrome operating system up and running I'm very much looking forward to leaving Microsoft Windows and the piece of Vista trash far behind. Surely the world is waiting for an answer to Vista (other than Apple)!

I have noticed the screen is small for reading my news sites, but the computer seems as fast as my big Vista and as fast as my top of the line Fujitsu laptop.

So, I can leave the important stuff at home and travel with this little beauty and a 1.5 Terabyte USB drive. If it just had a GForce graphics card, I think it might replace my high end machines.

I'm looking forward to the day we get a transparent operating system that will simply let me run my applications. Google Chrome may be it.

This Toshiba seems like a real value for my buck.

Get more detail about Toshiba Mini NB205-N210 10.1-Inch Black Netbook - 9 Hour Battery Life.

adsense
 
 
Copyright © blog
Blogger Theme by Blogger Designed and Optimized by Tipseo