Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Acer Aspire One AOD150-1920 10.1-Inch Ruby Red Netbook - 6.5 Hour Battery Life Best Quality


Acer Aspire One AOD150-1165 10.1-Inch Netbook - Sapphire Blue I bought this for my wife. It has the 6 cell battery and it really does last 6+ hours. The 10.1 is just great. It has taken me a couple of weeks to get it running to my satisfaction. The lack of a cd/dvd drive hasn't bothered me. I use a HP Pavilion with a 17" screen. I HAVE taken it everywhere for years. It got to weighing 72.1 pounds with the brick (make that 91.1. This beauty, without the brick, is under 3 pounds and with the brick is just a few more. I started in, I think, December '81 or '82 with a Kaypro 1. A 27 pound LUGABLE. This is the first truly portable I ever had. I go back and forth to Arizona from New Jersey and I am looking forward to carrying it and even using it on the plane. I have a wireless USB from Verizon and the coinnection speed and usabality is just as good as the HP. The keyboard is not really noticable. Included software is, for the most part, as usual, a waste. I have installed Office 2007 and deleted the MS Works. I can't get over how well I do at meetings with everyone complaining about the weight and finding a place to plug in the brick and tripping over cords and this mighty mouse device just keeps on running. I have McAfee, registry mechanic and Spyware Doctor running in the background. I run Malwarebytes and Adaware from an icon. NO SLOWDOWN!! Not like the HP that dies when the stuff is running. My main printer is a Cannon MLF 620 and the wireless stuff works. I deleted Adobe and use Foxit. It is QUICKER then quick. I don't bother with the pad and use a Logitech V550 Nano (small usb plug) Google earth is okay even with the lowered res. My pictures and videos are good too. Sure they look good on my BB 8330 too but nothing is as good as the 21" desktop. But then nothing weighs in under 3 pounds either (exept the BB, of course). I just "google earth flew" from New Jersey to arizona and it was just fine. I have loaded up the hard drive with years worth of work (I am calling it my backup).

Would I get another? Sure and I am ordering it tonight when I turn it overlet to my wife and she starts to use it. I have looked at the reviews of other netbooks and I note that they brag about one thing or another. I am only sure that the major difference is the price. This one can be picked up for under $[...] at Amazon and the rest (especially the newest) run from 499 and up. This one walks the walk: I started at it at 2pm and it is now 7:30 pm and I still got over an hour left. NO BS. Get more detail about Acer Aspire One AOD150-1920 10.1-Inch Ruby Red Netbook - 6.5 Hour Battery Life.

adsense
 
 
Copyright © blog
Blogger Theme by Blogger Designed and Optimized by Tipseo