Sunday, September 27, 2009

Acer Aspire One AOD150-1920 10.1-Inch Ruby Red Netbook - 6.5 Hour Battery Life


I've had my Acer about a week now, it's everything I expected it to be. Windows XP runs well on it, the screen resolution and clarity are great, the keyboard is usable (though not as good as the hp Mini which I also own) and battery life is superb (7-8 hours).

Prior to receiving it I read many of the reviews here complaining about the touchpad and difficult to press mouse buttons. These reviews almost led me to cancel the order and look at the Asus netbook instead. Let me say that I've had no problems using the touchpad and find no issues with the mouse buttons, they're very easy to press. However, I did order a wireless notebook mouse prior to the arrival of the Acer and I switch back and forth between that and the touchpad.

I've also been able to run Ubuntu from Live CD (actually Live USB stick) and will be setting the Aspire One up to dual boot once I find the time to install Ubuntu for real on the hard drive.

I'd say the only negative regarding the machine was the question of wondering which battery size it would come with. Mine came with the 5800 mAh battery. If it's true that some come with 5800 and others with 4400 mAh batteries, then it's inexcusable on Acer's part to ship this laptop with two different batteries and not differentiate them via model number.

Get more detail about Acer Aspire One AOD150-1920 10.1-Inch Ruby Red Netbook - 6.5 Hour Battery Life.

adsense
 
 
Copyright © blog
Blogger Theme by Blogger Designed and Optimized by Tipseo