Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Cheapest Acer Aspire One AOD150-1920 10.1-Inch Ruby Red Netbook - 6.5 Hour Battery Life


I ordered this on the 17th using the super save and i received it 23rd. Pretty awesome for super save shipping. As many other noted before, i got the extended 6 cell battery (5800mah)and i beleive the first 1500 peices ships with this battery. I would have loved to wait for the white but the anxiety to get the extended battery made me order this. The Blue is good but red/white would have been better.

I opened the box and the setup was a breeze, hardly took me about 10 minutes. I wanted to test out the battery right out of the box. It lasted for about 7 hours (with high brightess and wifi on) I did do quite a bit of browsing and my 5 yr old son did about 2 hours of online gaming. Maybe it can be pushed by another one hour by tweaking the settings a little bit. But i guess you dont need all that juice if you are at home.

Okay long story short...

Pros:
1. XP... hooray (I hate the memory hogging Vista)
2. Excellent battery
3. Nice feel to the keyboard (Takes a little practise with smaller keys)
4. Wifi is pretty strong. Picks up signal faster than my regular HP laptop
5. Sound quality is very good given the size and placement of speakers (Has equalizer and a lot more audio customization options)
6. Screen resolution is too good for a 10 incher
7. Above all a nice package for the price

Cons:
1. Mouse button could have been better. It only has one long button with clicks on either ends. One single button does not give you the right feel for right/left click. Have to press hard.
2. No backup DVD/CD creation option using USB drives. Have to connect an external DVD writer for creating backup disks.
3. The arrow keys are too small. (There is room for making the buttons bigger)

Wishlist:
1. Bluetooth
2. Express card slot for expansion
3. Two buttons under touchpad

To summarize, you will not be disappointed with the buy. It will be really useful while flying since the size factor makes it easier to carry and eliminates a big laptop case/bag. (I am planning to call Acer to send me the recovery disks) Get more detail about Acer Aspire One AOD150-1920 10.1-Inch Ruby Red Netbook - 6.5 Hour Battery Life.

adsense
 
 
Copyright © blog
Blogger Theme by Blogger Designed and Optimized by Tipseo