Monday, September 7, 2009

Acer Aspire One AOD150-1920 10.1-Inch Ruby Red Netbook - 6.5 Hour Battery Life Right now


I had a bad experience with the Asus EEE 900 a few months back, in that it took literally minutes to just open a program and far too long to open additional tabs in Firefox. So after I took it back (and got hit with a restocking fee), I wasn't too optimistic about netbooks in general. I'm glad I purchased this one! It's very quick, has a nice quality webcam, bright and crisp screen and feels very solidly built (heavy enough so that it's not flimsy--also, the screen isn't wobbly/loose as it can be with some notebooks). They even sent me the better battery; after using it for two hours with screen brightness at the maximum level, I still have seven (!) hours of battery life left. My only misgivings about it include the following:

- The mouse buttons are extremely stiff. You don't get to click them; you get to _press_ them. Hard. I don't know if this is a "feature" or if there's something wrong with my netbook. But since I use an external mouse, this isn't a deal breaker for me.
- There are two USB ports on the right and one on the left. Personally, I think this is backwards, as plugging into the right-side USB keeps me from comfortably using a mouse. Obviously, this is just a minor design criticism and also, definitely not a deal breaker.
- There isn't a lot of choice when it comes to buying a case/sleeve for it. There are a few Samsung NC10 cases out there, but all fairly ugly. (Tips on this are welcome!)

I felt that this was a good investment for work, due mostly to the portability, speed and battery life. Get more detail about Acer Aspire One AOD150-1920 10.1-Inch Ruby Red Netbook - 6.5 Hour Battery Life.

adsense
 
 
Copyright © blog
Blogger Theme by Blogger Designed and Optimized by Tipseo