Friday, September 25, 2009

Toshiba Mini NB205-N210 10.1-Inch Black Netbook - 9 Hour Battery Life Right now


At the time of this writing. I'd say this is the best netbook I've used so far.

Just understanding what you are getting. It's a stripped down laptop that offers decent performance for simple tasks like surfing on the internet, working with Microsoft office documents and a few other computer non-intensive tasks. If you are looking for something more than that, then you need to skip Netbooks and look at more full featured laptops.

What I love about the NB205 over the rest of the competition (which I have personally used or helped others set-up). Most of this is really subjective. As the overall performance of the netbooks are pretty much similar.
(+) Keyboard is full size and very, very comfortable to type on
(+) Cover although plastic also, is slighly less proned to smugs and finger prints as the glossy black on the HP/Lenovo netbooks
(+) Junk software free. The only program that was there was a 30-day trial of Norton's. Which actually offered an option to not be installed! I really like that.
(+) Really like Toshiba's utility to manage the computer's power state. Very easy to use in a very nice interface.
(+) I like the 6 cell battery flat and behind placement vs the Lenovo S10-2 which props up the laptop. This makes fitting it in a laptop bag much more flush (less thick feeling).

(-) The USB port seems a bit tight. Often difficult to plug into. Not sure if it would loosen up after more use. The first time, I even had to look while I'm plugging in. I thought I was plugging into the wrong port! I can get it in now without looking, the trick is to wiggle it to get it in there. But other's like Lenovo, I can just plug in without looking on first try.Get more detail about Toshiba Mini NB205-N210 10.1-Inch Black Netbook - 9 Hour Battery Life.

adsense
 
 
Copyright © blog
Blogger Theme by Blogger Designed and Optimized by Tipseo