Sunday, September 6, 2009

Low Price Toshiba Mini NB205-N210 10.1-Inch Black Netbook - 9 Hour Battery Life


I got this netbook in part because it was advertised as having an led backlit display and was touted as being a "green" laptop. However after I bought it, I realized that it was anything but. I turned it over to find that it said the following. "Lamp contains mercury. Dispose in accordance with local, state and federal regulations." As we all know, led's don't contain mercury, ccfl's do. So there you have it... in writing on the back of the netbook -- this laptop is ccfl backlit inspite of being advertised as LED backlit. Also, it said in the manual that handling the cord will expose you to lead, a chemical know to the state of California to cause cancer, birth defects or reproductive harm... lovely. I tried asking Toshiba's "technical support" about it and they were worthless.. couldn't even pronounce led. Needless to say, I returned it as soon as possible.Get more detail about Toshiba Mini NB205-N210 10.1-Inch Black Netbook - 9 Hour Battery Life.

adsense
 
 
Copyright © blog
Blogger Theme by Blogger Designed and Optimized by Tipseo