Friday, September 25, 2009

Discount Acer Aspire One AOD150-1920 10.1-Inch Ruby Red Netbook - 6.5 Hour Battery Life


Pros: Windows XP, Bright Screen, Good Keyboard for the size, Super portable, 6 cell battery lasts 7-8 hours on a full charge

Cons: the touch pad is small and somewhat hard to use. this is solved by wireless mouse

I bought this computer last week and set it up this weekend. removed the bloat ware in about 15 minutes. Loaded MS Office 2007 enterprise version, Snag it, Firefox and AVG virus protection. All this took less than an hour. I have a 15.4 lenovo with vista, 2gb of ram and Intel Dual core processors and the Acer out performs it. I have used word, excel, powerpoint and Outlook extensively over the last 4 days and as far as I can tell it runs better on the Acer Aspire. On Sunday I was working on a project and used the battery for almost 8 hours before I had to plug it in the wall. The wireless has not dropped once since the initial set up. I have used my home wireless network and a public network at Panera bread. I have big hands but there is enough room on the keyboard for me to type. Monday night I watched streaming video from NBC.COM and there were no blurs.

One irritation is ACER back up and recovery program will not create a recovery disk on an USB drive. It exclusively looks for Optical drive. I am sure there is a work around but I have not had time to look.

I am going to use this machine exclusively for traveling and my consulting project work. I bought it for my kids but I guess now they will get the big laptop.

Get more detail about Acer Aspire One AOD150-1920 10.1-Inch Ruby Red Netbook - 6.5 Hour Battery Life.

adsense
 
 
Copyright © blog
Blogger Theme by Blogger Designed and Optimized by Tipseo